Code of conduct
On the Course:
- Players should play without delay.
- Players should not play until players in front are out of range.
- Players searching for a ball should signal the players behind to play through as soon as it becomes apparent that the ball will not be easily found. From 2019 Rules of Golf only allow 3 minutes to look for a ball.
- Before leaving a bunker, players should carefully rake and tidy the bunker.
- Through the green, all players should ensure that any portion of turf cut or displaced in the act of playing is replaced and pressed down. Furthermore, any damage to the putting green made by a ball or the player should be carefully repaired.
- If a match fails to keep pace on the Course and loses more than one clear hole on the players in front, it should invite the match following to play through.
- No starting allowed at the 10th hole unless the 9th tee is free of players.
In the Clubhouse:
- Visitors to the Clubhouse should be signed in by a member who is then responsible for the conduct of his/her visitors.
- Members are requested not change clothes or shoes in the car park.
- Golf equipment should not be taken through the front door of the Clubhouse.
- Members are requested not reprimand an employee of the Club. All complaints should be made in writing to the Secretary or the relevant Convener.
For the vast majority of members, these rules cause no problem,
they are simple good manners applied to a golf club.